PostSafe Environmental Policy
PostSafe is committed to playing its part in protecting the Environment.
Located in the idyllic coastal location of Thanet, Kent environmental impact is never far from our minds.
We have a strict Environmental policy which is reviewed annually ensuring that we exercise proper control over our activities to discourage environmentally damaging and wasteful practices.
PostSafe complies with all legal requirements of legislation and proactively seeks to improve our processes to ever decrease environmental impact.
This policy impacts upon the whole supply chain, Suppliers, Staff and our Customers, each playing a part in the lifecycle of our products.
– we continually develop new blends and materials to reduce the amount of plastic used in our products.
– The majority of our manufactured products are recyclable.
– Alternatively we have an oxo-biodegradable range.
– Source all our goods and services from environmentally responsible suppliers.
– Improve manufacturing methods and staff training to reduce waste at all stages of production.
– Continually review the packaging of our products to reduce where possible.
– Separating waste so that it can be collected and recycled easily.
This includes waste products from the office.
– ensure we provide customers with as much information as possible; so that they can use and then dispose of our products responsibly
Polythene Envelopes have an important role to play. They allow a greater weight of insert to be sent in a water resistant and secure product. Other products, such as paper based products to meet similar criteria use up more resources in the production chain. Also, being heavier than plastic, paper products require additional distribution costs. This uses other non-sustainable resources such as oil products and adds to air pollution. In addition, some paper mail products are coated to give increased protection and strength; these products cannot be recycled because of this coating.
Plastic envelopes are a part of our everyday life dispose of them responsibly.